Initiated by Elsevier in 2008 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the journal “Data and Knowledge Engineering”, the Peter P. Chen Award honors one person each year for outstanding contributions to the field of conceptual modeling.
The winner of the 2015 Peter Chen Award is Prof. Il-Yeol Song, Drexel University. Prof. Song is a speaking at ER 2015:
Criteria for the Award
- Research: how well the nominee has helped advance the field of conceptual modeling with his/her intellectual contributions.
- Service: participation in the organization of conceptual-modeling-related meetings and conferences and participation in editorial boards of conceptual-modeling-related journals.
- Education: how effectively the nominee has mentored doctoral students in conceptual modeling, produced researchers from their labs, and helped mentor other young people in the field.
- Contribution to practice: the extent to which the nominee has contributed to technology transfer, commercialization, and industrial projects.
- International reputation: the extent to which the nominee’s work is visible to and has diffused into the international community.
Previous winners of the Peter Chen Award can be found here.
More information about the award can be found on here.